Double glazed windows are popularly used in many buildings today. No matter whether it is a commercial or residential building, contractors recommend using this type of windows for various reasons.
Double glazed windows are predominantly used to reduce heat from buildings and homes. Apart from this obvious benefit, this window also offers a host of other advantages.
- During winters, double glazed windows keep the entire home warm and comfortable. They have an ideal form of insulation. As compared to the single-glazed windows, the double glazed variety saves home heat loss of up to 50 to 70%. Higher amount of natural heat from the winter sun is captured and retained by double glazing.
- During summers, your home is optimally insulated from extreme temperatures by the double glazed windows. This type of window effectively traps rays of the sun and during hot summer days, it minimizes heat burning through it thereby keeping the interior cooler.
- If your home is older, you may face the issue of condensation. Condensed moisture can lead to family health issues as timber will rot over a period of time and cause growth of mildew and mould. Double glazed windows are known to reduce excess moisture on the panes.
- Double glazed windows help save on power bills as the energy consumption is greatly reduced by minimizing the use of heating systems. This in turn helps the environment.
- Resale value of your home can be greatly enhanced by installing these windows. Double glazing efficiently insulates even old homes thereby being attractive for buyers.
- Noise reduction is another significant advantage of this type of windows. Your home will be quieter and calmer as up to 60% outside noise is eliminated through double glazing. This is the ideal choice for those living close to busy roads.
- As heat from outside does not enter into the interior space, you can be sure of reduced fading of furniture, carpet and drapes. Certain double glazed windows come with glass specifically manufactured to reduce UV radiation transmission.
- Enhanced security is another major aspect. If you include toughened or laminated glass, it is very difficult for intruders to break through double glazed windows and enter your home.
How can you be the wise buyer?
It is essential choosing the right company offering double glazed windows. The company you choose must have years of experience in manufacturing quality windows and must also have professionals adept at installing double glazing in commercial and residential properties. Before hiring a company to do the job, it is important to ensure a few essential aspects.
- Find out if the windows they install are weather resistant and water-proof. The best manufacturers offer quality double glazing that is ideal to be installed even in homes close to the sea.
- Find out if professional installers will do the job of double glazed window installation perfectly. Skilled installers know exactly how to make sure the windows are securely and firmly in place. This is the only way to ensure that there is no leakage especially during rains and there is no threat of break-in.
- Find out if the double glazing they provide is termite, corrosion, warp and rot proof. The best glazing windows require little or no maintenance and they remain in pristine condition for a long time. Especially if you live in tropical climate, it is important to find out if the double glazed windows come with frames that are termite-proof.
Research for your options and contact a couple or more double glazed window companies in your area. Ask them for a quote and compare them based on price, quality of work and reliability. Visit them in person and gauge their level of professionalism before choosing one that will exactly serve your needs.