The actual use of the word co-working in relation to a shared office space was first used by Brad Neuberg in 2005. He was an intrepid entrepreneur who have big dreams and created the first co-working space, in San Francisco. Co-working is not just about the sharing of work-space and cost, it is also about belonging to a community, accessibility and sustainability. Co-working is the new way of working and sharing ideas. Co-working spaces are created without any corporate constraints which is considered as an office environment offering flexible memberships to suit most needs
Use of co-working spaces
For those just starting out on a business venture, such as entrepreneurs, a co-working space is the perfect option for them because it gives the ability to scale up or scale down in team counts, there are low set-up costs due to its shared infrastructure module, a wide in-house community to network with, quite often it links to in-house expertise, and mentors also, as well as being the ideal platform to launch a new product.
Reasons for business owner use it
Co-working spaces aren’t just for start-ups and/or entrepreneurs. In fact, users of co-working spaces are incredibly diverse. There are few other types of folks that commonly join co-working spaces, are following:
- For small businesses co-working spaces, there are no long leases to, commit to and other thing to run a business is usually available, from meeting rooms to food court for whipping up a snack and the coffee count doesn’t matter, because it is complimentary.
- Many co-working spaces like office space in Sohna road Gurgaon, is in such a high-profile central business locations with easy access to transportation, cafes, shopping and gyms where renting independently would be listed under the wild dream.
- As a start-up or small business owner, anyone will never need to worry about stocking up on toilet paper or calling out the Wi-Fi repair company as everything is taken care of, by the space providing service centre.
- It’s also a great attraction for top talent, as co-working spaces often organises a variety of community events, like workshops, lunches, and other learning or social activities for their members.
- Co-working space users generally, sign a membership agreement that sets out package costs, space usage instructions, and many other legal aspects that govern the provider-member relationship.
General Facilities offered by co-working space
- Typically, co-working office space providing services, facilitated with following:
- Dedicated Desk
- Hot Desk
- Meeting Room
- Private Cabin
- Seminar Hall
- Private Office
- Conference Room
- Custom Buildout
- Night Shift
- Virtual Office
- Private Locker
- Flexi Membership
Despite there being several different forms of Co-working spaces, the common element is in this, an environment where information and space is shared. Many shared workspaces are typically created to make information easily accessible to its inhabitants as well as provide an environment that is collaborative and fosters creativity.
The next time anyone is looking to connect with others as part of his remote job, or is looking to try a more collaborative method of working, the co-working space in Sohna road Gurgaon, may be a flexible work option to try out.